Monday 21 November 2011

Filming

Today I filmed a lot of point of view shots of me walking around a modern housing estate. I wanted to get the effect of a shaky camera to give the audience the impression of somebodys head and seeing the music video through that persons perspective. I also filmed so establishing shots and also some close up, mid shots and high angled shots of my female character.

I then filmed the opening scene to my music video which was again my female character. I ensured she was wearing suitable clothing which was appropriate for the genre of the artist and music and also the audience who listen to this music. My female performer put eye liner and black eye shadow on and around her eyes and then applied water to this area which gave the impression she had been crying as the make up ran down her face. I chose to do this as the lyrics "I can feel the colour running
As it's fading from my face"
could be seen to connote this.

Whilst walking through the estate I had an idea which I seen from another video on a music channel recently. The idea was to film my shadow as I was walking underneath a street light. This idea was from the Gym Class Heroes track "Stereo Hearts".



No comments:

Post a Comment