Thursday 1 December 2011

Digipak Designs





























































Today I have produced the above designs for a suitable digipak for The Script. I used scrabble letters for the album and artist title so the digipak was unique, as most of the digipaks I have seen just use plain text for the title. Creating these digipaks has also improved my skills with the tools in photo shop. I used a selection of the cutting tools, image enchancing and filter tools to adjust the text and images.


I replaced the main image on the front cover for each of the designs. I did this because I wanted to see which images were best suited to the scrabble letter text. I think the best designs based on the colour schemes and the genre of the artist is the two designs at night with the stars. The original image was purple and I then converted the image to greyscale which suited the scrabble letter text much more than the purple did.

By using the scrabble letters in these digipaks it has allowed me to see that I do not have to use plain text on the digipak front cover. I am now considering using the scrabble letters or fridge magnets, or something along those lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment